Teacher Resource Packs
The Money Charity believes that the best way of delivering financial education is directly. Our research shows it’s not always the case that teachers and schools have the skills and resources to deliver good financial education but we have years of experience developing the tools and resources to help our consultants deliver top-notch financial education. We have now used that experience to create engaging teacher resources which will help schools supplement our workshops and deliver financial education lessons ‘in-house’, and are in the process of creating more. If you would like support in delivering engaging and interactive financial education, why not order our teacher resource packs here?*
Our free teacher resource packs:
- Are designed to fit into the national curriculum
- Have been created using input and feedback from teachers
- Can work as a stand-alone or be used to build on our Money Workshops
- Contains around 1 hours’ worth of content, with 3 activities, such as card sorts, board games, clue hunts and discussions, each lasting around 20 mins
- Arrive fully formed with all the instructions and resources needed to run the activities, each of which can also work as a stand-alone exercise, or within the full session
The currently available Packs are:
Teacher Resource Packs Planning and Budgeting:
- Key Stage 3 Planning for your goals – SMART goals, creating a financial plan, adapting plans.
- Key Stage 3 Budgeting – needs and wants, understanding budgeting, creating a budget, the impact of money on emotional health.
- Key Stage 4 Planning for your goals – researching costs of a goal, effective financial planning, building a plan for a group.
- Key Stage 4 Budgeting – Different wages and their impact on lifestyle, creating a budget, dealing with unexpected costs.
Teacher Resource Packs Credit and Savings:
- Key Stage 3 Credit – credit types, factors affecting credit scores, manageable and unmanageable debt.
- Key Stage 3 Savings – reasons people save, savings plan, opening a savings account.
- Key Stage 4 Credit – credit types, why lenders use credit score, choosing credit.
- Key Stage 4 Savings – making choices about spending savings, creating a savings plan, choosing a savings account.
To order any of our resource packs, or any of our other products, please go to our resources page. The packs are free, although we do charge for postage and packaging to cover our costs.*
*Please note that due to funding restrictions, we can only send our resource packs to teachers. Please provide your details clearly when ordering so we can verify this.