For Schools and Colleges
What We Can Offer
Despite Financial Education being established on the Curriculum, many teachers in schools still tell us they feel under-resourced and lacking in confidence when teaching Young People about how to manage their finances in a rapidly changing world. That’s where we come in, with our engaging, interactive and fun Financial Education Money Workshops reaching over 230,000 young people since 2010.
We have a wide range of Workshops ready-made for groups of KS3, KS4 and Post-16 pupils, which you can look through in our Workshops Guide. When surveyed, more than 90% of pupils said that they found our sessions valuable and that they learned something new.
What Do The Workshops Involve?
Our Workshops help make personal finances not just an important topic, but also a fun one! They cover the essentials of staying on top of your money, including using money to achieve your goals, savings, tax, how to read a payslip, understanding credit, as well as financial products like banking and student finance.
Each Workshop includes a range of interactive activities, the chance to debate and discuss, and relevant takeaways. Take a look at our Workshops Guide to find out more.
All of our Workshops are:
- Suitable for classroom-sized groups of Young People (maximum 40 students per workshop), aged 11-19.
- Available for delivery face-to-face or virtually (by Zoom.)
- Normally 60 minutes long (although we can reduce to 45 minutes if needed.)
- Typically delivered as a part of designated lesson times, such as during PSHE, Citizenship or Maths, but we can deliver in a flexible or bespoke way to suit your needs.
- Delivered either by our experienced staff or our team of expert freelance consultants.
- Fully independent and impartial. The only thing you’ll ever hear promoted at a Money Workshop is our work!
Take a look at our Workshops Guide to see all our options!
What Do They Cost?
We are able to offer our Workshops to state-funded schools and colleges at no cost. For all other schools or colleges, costs will vary depending on how your organisation is funded, up to a maximum of £250 + VAT per Workshop.
How Do I Make a Booking Request?
Simply download our Booking Request Form on the left of this page, fill out and send it to our Young People’s Team. Please ensure you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions (which includes our Covid-19 Safety Policy for face-to-face bookings) before you return your form, as signing your Booking Request Form will constitute your acceptance of these.
Once we receive your form, we will be in touch to confirm our Consultant’s availability. In normal circumstances, we would ask for three weeks’ notice to arrange a Workshop. However, if you want something sooner, please do ask and we will try our best to help. Or if you would like to talk to us first or have any questions, get in touch!