Workshops & Training
* Please note that due to the developing Covid-19 situation, we have taken the decision to close the TMC office, move the entire staff team to remote working and suspend face-to-face operations. We are now in the process of contacting all those who have booked workshops up until the end of May to offer the option of either conducting the workshop remotely or postponing it until a later date. *
Being able to manage your money and make the most of it throughout your life is an invaluable life skill, and one that it is never too early or too late to learn. Being on top of your money can set you up for a happier, more fulfilled life. It can help you achieve your goals and aspirations, and it can help you feel more in control of whatever life throws at you.
There has never been a more pressing need for our services. As a country:
- We hold personal debts of over £1.4 trillion
- We pay £164 million in interest every day
- We spend £1.4 billion a day on credit and debit cards
- And as a result, every 5 minutes one of us will be declared bankrupt and every 16 minutes a home will be repossessed
One survey goes some way to explaining why this is the case:
- 17% of under 35s think that the Bank of England base rate is over 10%
- 14% of under 35s think it is better to start saving for a pension in your fifties rather than your twenties
- 43% of under 35s don’t understand that inflation at 5% would erode the purchasing power of money in a savings account paying 3% interest
The figures for over 35s weren’t much better!
We run a range of workshops aimed at people of all ages. These help them develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to manage their money well. We make learning about money, fun, engaging and interactive.
To help put this right, we run a range of workshops and training courses aimed at people of all ages. These help them develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to manage their money well. We make learning about money fun, engaging and interactive.
We’ve reached over 210,000 young people with our financial education Money Workshops, primarily delivered in schools and colleges, and thousands of adults in community groups and workplaces across the UK.
Whatever you are looking for, we can help, whether it is a workshop in your school or college, training for youth workers, courses to help your employees make the most of their money, or something else entirely. We provide a series of tried and tested workshops already developed with your target audience in mind. We can also offer bespoke options which can be tailored to your exact requirements.