The Money Charity is the leading national financial capability charity. We enable people across the UK to stay on top of their money, helping them live happier and more positive lives as a result. We are a friendly, dynamic and supportive team who are all passionate about helping people to manage money well. Come and work with us!
Jobs: We currently have two freelance roles available.
* Please note – we request NO contact from recruitment agencies or sales. *
Financial Education Consultant – Part-time, Contract – Northern Ireland
The Money Charity is the national financial capability charity which helps people across the UK stay on top of their money to help them live happier and more positive lives as a result.
A core strand of the charity’s offering works to help young people build the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to manage their money well. This includes the delivery of Money Workshops in secondary schools, colleges and community settings across the UK, which have reached over 200,000 students so far. Workshops are delivered by staff and a pool of self-employed freelance consultants across the UK.
We offer a range of engaging and interactive financial education workshops for Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Post 16 students. The workshops are designed for classroom-sized groups and can vary in length to fit with school timetables.
Our Money Workshops are designed to help young people to think about how they will use money and financial products to get what they want out of life, to give them the confidence and knowledge for them to do so, and to prevent them from making financial mistakes and getting into problem debt. The topics our workshops cover include: budgeting, saving, credit, student finance, insurance, planning for your goals, mortgages, pensions, tax and NI and much more. The workshops are designed to be interactive, engaging and bring the topic of financial management to life.
We are looking for a new freelance consultant, based in Northern Ireland, to add to our network of consultants who deliver workshops in their local area. Applicants should have excellent presentational and interpersonal skills, as well as relevant experience in engaging with young people. They should be confident with using technology, and have enthusiasm for the charity’s aims and objectives.
Consultants also play a role in promoting the workshops, which means they should be able to forge strong relationships with schools and other organisations and should be confident reaching out to new contacts, offering them our workshops. It also means consultants can control their own diaries and commitments, meaning that this is an ideal opportunity for those looking for flexibility.
- Responsible for delivering The Money Charity’s financial education programmes to a high standard in line with the quality criteria set by The Money Charity;
- Effectively engaging students by presenting workshops in a clear, concise, creative and engaging manner;
- Ensuring positive relationships are established with schools and other youth organisations;
- Promoting and marketing workshops to schools and relevant organisations and assisting The Money Charity to secure workshop bookings;
- Liaising with teachers and other practitioners on the requirements of workshops;
- Supporting The Money Charity with the evaluation processes of workshops;
- Staying up to date with financial news and issues to ensure knowledge base for delivering workshops is sustained;
- Raising brand awareness of The Money Charity and promoting the charity’s resources;
- Committing to attending training, meetings and events which are relevant to the delivery of The Money Charity’s workshops (which could require reimbursable travel to other parts of the UK);
- Representing The Money Charity, upholding the charity’s mission, vision and reputation;
- Providing feedback to The Money Charity on workshop content in an honest and timely manner.
- Experience working with young people, in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- Excellent presentational skills and an ability to present in a confident and creative manner;
- Ability to manage a class of students and to use various teaching techniques, such as role play, games etc.
- Ability to explain financial issues in a clear and confident way which engages young people;
- A positive and credible attitude to money/financial capability;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- A good understanding of youth culture;
- Ability to think on your feet, be flexible and respond well under pressure;
- Moderate to strong IT skills;
- Commitment to learning and keeping up-to-date with financial issues;
- A minimum of A-C GCSE Maths and English or equivalent;
- Fluent command of English and the right to live and work in the UK;
- A valid driving licence, the use of a car and be willing to travel;
- This is a freelance position requiring candidates to be self-employed.
- A good understanding of issues relating to student finance/money management;
- A degree qualification;
- Passionate about the cause; keen to work with people and empower them to be financially capable.
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019
Interviews: Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th July 2019 (exact dates and times tbc) in Belfast.
Training: Applicants should be available to attend training for three days from Monday 12th August to Wednesday 14th August in London and Birmingham.
To Apply: Please email a CV and covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) detailing your suitability for the role, to email@example.com. Please note that due to the high number of expected applicants, we will not be able to contact those whom we do not shortlist.
Financial Capability Consultant - Practitioner Training (Freelance)
Accountable to: Head of Workplace & Community Programmes
Direct Delivery – deliver The Money Charity’s (TMC) financial capability practitioner training programmes to a wide variety of practitioners supporting diverse groups including supported housing, offenders/ex-offenders, and support workers.
Consultancy – support TMC consultancy engagements and programme development through production of financial capability content, learning resources, and review of client content.
Marketing & Promotion – identify leads for sales & promotion of TMC products & services; represent TMC at local forums, conferences, and working groups to promote TMC charitable objectives, products, and services.
- Representing TMC, upholding the charity’s mission, vision and reputation;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients and host organisations;
- Delivery of TMC’s practitioner workshops to a high standard in line with established quality criteria, creating a non-judgemental environment for learning;
- Effectively engaging participants by presenting workshops in a clear, concise, creative and engaging manner;
- Supporting The Money Charity with the evaluation of workshops;
- Promoting and marketing workshops to relevant organisations (both fee paying and not for profit) and assisting TMC to secure bookings;
- Delivery of consultancy projects allocated based on client needs and consultant capabilities, working with other consultants and staff of TMC to complete projects as required;
- Staying up to date with the personal finance sector, current events, news and issues to ensure knowledge base for delivering workshops is sustained;
- Raising brand awareness of TMC and promoting the charity’s resources;
- Committing to attending training, meetings and events which are relevant to the delivery of TMC products and services;
- Providing feedback to TMC on workshops in an honest and timely manner.
- Demonstrable experience working with diverse practitioner groups
- Demonstrable experience developing adult training content including slides, activities, and handouts
- Deep knowledge of adult financial capability topics including savings, budgeting, debt, and financial products
- Previous experience with identifying potential leads and promoting products and services
- Demonstrable consultancy experience within the financial services, training, financial capability, or other sector (examples could include developing new training programmes, reviewing and providing feedback on marketing collateral, or development of policies and procedures)
- Genuine personal interest in acquiring and sharing financial capability knowledge and experiences with diverse client groups
- Comfortable working with basic technology including PC/Laptop, Email, Outlook, and websites
- Previous experience in financial capability, debt advice, or other money advice related area
- Experience with developing digital content
- Experience responding to/participating in tenders with private and public organisations
- Previous experience delivering training via webinar and other digital channels
- Experience promoting products and services at conferences, fairs, and events
- Travel of up to 100 miles one-way may be required in some regions. All travel will be agreed and booked in advance with all expenses covered.
- This role requires an enhanced DBS certificate (costs of this will be covered by The Money Charity)
Closing Date: Friday 28th June 2019
Application Details: Phone interviews will be scheduled as applications are received. Successful candidates from the phone interview stage will be asked to attend an in-person interview in London in early July.
To Apply: Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org