- Partnership will see fumopay sponsoring the charity’s annual publication, The Student Money Manual.
- Will also provide virtual delivery of The Money Charity’s Workshops to university students, as well as production of Financial Education videos.
- Providing The Money Charity with the ability to receive open banking donations via fumopay.
The Money Charity is delighted to announce a new partnership with the social payment app fumopay, which will see them working together to further the charity’s vital Financial Education work with young people and students.
The new funding will support several areas of The Money Charity’s work, with fumopay sponsoring the charity’s essential guide to student finance and managing money well at university, The Student Money Manual. It will allow the Manual to continue to be offered for free to young people across the UK as a digital downloadable resource, as well as enabling additional research which will keep the Manual as impactful as possible.
The partnership will also fund three virtual Workshops to be delivered to university students across the country, as well as the production of six Financial Education videos, which will sit on the fumopay website. The app’s users will also be offered the opportunity to personally support The Money Charity through a simple donation mechanism via fumo’s open banking payment platform.
For over 25 years, The Money Charity has been the UK’s Financial Capability charity, with their Financial Education work with young people a critical part of their mission to see the UK increase its Financial Wellbeing. Since 2010, they have reached over 210,000 young people with their Financial Education Money Workshops, while millions of young people and their families have been able to use the Student Money Manual to better prepare them for managing their money well at university.
fumopay (known as fumo) is a secure, card-free social payment app, built on Open Banking, allowing its users to borrow, lend, split, track and transfer money instantly between family, friends or groups, with no fees. fumo’s mission is to provide a tool that allows people to better track their social borrowing, lending and spending in order to help them reduce personal debt. With fumo, you can share money, track exactly who owes what and when you’ll be repaid. Even use the app to pay when shopping online or instore.
Steph Fitzgerald, Head of Young People Programmes at The Money Charity says:
“We are really pleased to announce this new partnership with fumopay and grateful to them for this generous support which will underpin our Financial Education work with students in this academic year.
“We know the significant additional challenges which have been faced by young people and students over the last two years, challenges which have heavily impacted on their education, finances and wellbeing. It’s great then that we are able to use this new support to take our work amongst this age group even further, enabling many more young people to face their financial future with confidence.”
Kevin Ludford, Founder of fumopay, added:
“fumopay are excited by this new partnership with The Money Charity. I have been really impressed by their long standing commitment to raising awareness around the difficult topic of debt by providing free knowledge, advice and education.
“At fumo we want to help young people improve their personal financial knowledge by equipping them with tools, content and education that can give them the best chance possible to avoid simple mistakes when it comes to managing their personal finances. The ability to provide free educational resources with The Money Charity is a drop in the ocean but it’s a start. The Student Money Manual is a fantastic guide for any young person, not just students, so if we can help raise awareness and get it into the hands of as many young people as possible then that can only be a good thing.”
Notes to Editors
- For over 25 years, The Money Charity has been the UK’s Financial Capability charity. We proactively provide education, information, advice and guidance to people of all ages, to reach our vision of seeing everyone achieving Financial Wellbeing by managing their money well. We empower people across the UK to develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to make the most of their money throughout their lives. Find out more at https://themoneycharity.org.uk/
- The Money Charity’s Student Money Manual is the essential guide to student finance and managing money at university. It covers everything from budgeting to student finance and fees to making your money stretch further as a student. Each year, The Student Money Manual reaches thousands of young people and their families, equipping them with the skills, confidence and knowledge to manage their money well throughout their university life.
- Since 2010, The Money Charity’s Financial Education Money Workshops have been inspiring and educating thousands of young people with how to manage their money well throughout their lives. The Workshops are interactive, engaging and fun, with plenty of discussion and activities for all learning types.
- fumopay is a secure, card-free social payment app, built on Open Banking, allowing its users to borrow, lend, split, track and pay money instantly between family, friends or groups, with no fees. fumopay’s mission is to provide a tool that allows people to better track their social borrowing, lending and spending in order to help them reduce personal debt. With fumopay, you can share money or track exactly who owes what and when you’ll be repaid. Even pay through the app when shopping online or instore. fumopay Ltd is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom as an Authorised Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority under Firm Reference Number 925689
- Any media or press enquiries should be directed to our Communications & Marketing Manager, James Yelland, on [email protected]