* Please note that due to the developing Covid-19 situation, we have taken the decision to close the TMC office, move the entire staff team to remote working and suspend face-to-face operations. We are now in the process of contacting all those who have booked workshops up until the end of May to offer the option of either conducting the workshop remotely or postponing it until a later date. *
At The Money Charity, we are always aiming to take our work further, reaching more young people across the UK with the vital Financial Education they need. We believe that with that input and training, they will be better able to get to grips with managing their money well and achieving Financial Wellbeing throughout the rest of their life. That’s why we’re delighted to be working with a team of like-minded Partners (MyBnk, Young Money/Enterprise, Learn by Design, Royal Association for Deaf People) on a new project, Pathfinders.
Through Pathfinders, we will be running a series of 140 of our engaging and interactive Financial Education Money Workshops in a wide range of mainstream educational and community settings for groups of 16-17 year olds. Thanks to generous support, every one of these Workshops will be available fully-funded.
These 140 Workshops are focused on delivery in the following areas of England: Northumberland, North and South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, West Midlands, and Greater London, although we can also offer some limited delivery outside of these target areas.
Through these 140 Workshops, we will be looking to evidence eight outcomes with each group we work with:
- 1) Understanding Financial Terms and Products
- 2) Being Able to Read a Bank Statement or Payslip
- 3) Having Confidence Managing Their Money
- 4) Choosing to Save or Spend
- 5) Using a Bank Account
- 6) Saving Frequently and Regularly
- 7) Budgeting/Planning What to Do with Their Money
- 8) Keeping Track of Their Money
To help demonstrate these, all groups booking Workshops will be expected to collaborate with us on engaging their young people with surveys gauging their skills and confidence with money before and after the Workshop, as well as in selected follow-up surveys.
If you would like to find out more about Pathfinders, contact our Education Officer Natalia on firstname.lastname@example.org Or to make a booking request, fill out our Booking Request Form along with our Terms and Conditions.
If your group of young people aren’t aged 16-17, or you aren’t based close to our target areas, don’t worry! We would still love to work with you to meet your Financial Education needs, and you can find out more about our Money Workshops here, our Teacher Resource Packs here, or our Student Money Manual here.