At The Money Charity, we are always aiming to take our work further, reaching more Young People across the UK with the vital Financial Education they need. We believe that with that input and training, they will be better able to get to grips with managing their money well and achieving Financial Wellbeing throughout the rest of their life. That’s why we’re delighted to be working with a team of like-minded Partners (MyBnk, Young Money/Enterprise, Learn by Design, Royal Association for Deaf People) on the Pathfinder project, which is funded by the Money and Pensions Service and led by the charity MyBnk.
Through Pathfinder, we will be running our engaging and interactive Financial Education Money Workshops in a wide range of mainstream educational settings for 16-17 year-olds (Year 12) groups. Thanks to generous support, every one of these face-to-face or virtual Workshops will be available completely FREE.
The Pathfinder Workshop is:
- Specifically designed for 16-17 year-olds (Year 12), covering key topics such as Saving, Budgeting, Banking, Credit, Payslips, Financial Products and more. (Due to funding requirements, all students receiving this workshop must be aged 16-17.)
- Delivered face-to-face as well as virtually (virtual Workshops are live and interactive throughout, just like our face-to-face Workshops.)
- 100 minutes long (although can be reduced to 90 minutes if needed, or alternatively delivered in 2 x 50 minutes, as long as they are delivered to the same group of students within a week of each other.)
- Workshop delivery is focused on the following areas of England: Greater London, North and South Yorkshire, Northumberland, Not
tinghamshire, Tyne & Wear and West Midlands, although we can also offer some limited delivery outside of these target areas.
Through these Workshops, we will be looking to evidence eight outcomes with each group we work with:
- 1) Understanding Financial Terms and Products
- 2) Being Able to Read a Bank Statement or Payslip
- 3) Having Confidence Managing Their Money
- 4) Choosing to Save or Spend
- 5) Using a Bank Account
- 6) Saving Frequently and Regularly
- 7) Budgeting/Planning What to Do with Their Money
- 8) Keeping Track of Their Money
To help demonstrate these, all groups booking Workshops will be expected to collaborate with us on engaging their Young People with surveys gauging their skills and confidence with money before and after the Workshop, as well as in selected follow-up surveys.
If you would like to find out more about Pathfinder, contact our Education Officer Natalia. Or to make a booking request, simply fill out our Booking Request Form along with our Terms and Conditions.
*If your group of Young People aren’t aged 16-17 (Year 12), or you aren’t based close to our target areas, don’t worry! We would still love to work with you to meet your Financial Education needs. Just click on the links to find out more about our Money Workshops, our Teacher Resource Packs, or our Student Money Manual.*