The Money Charity is the leading national financial capability charity. We enable people across the UK to stay on top of their money, helping them live happier and more positive lives as a result. We are a friendly, dynamic and supportive team who are all passionate about helping people to manage money well. Come and volunteer with us!
Voluntary Roles: We currently have one office-based role available.
Volunteer Role - Administrative Assistant
Our Organisation - The Money Charity is the UK’s financial capability charity, providing education, information, advice and guidance to all. We help people to manage their money well to increase their financial wellbeing. We do this primarily through our own delivery, but also through influencing and supporting others. We empower people across the UK to build the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to make the most of their money throughout their lives. Our vision is that everyone achieves financial wellbeing by managing their money well.
Overview - To support the coordination of our workshops, we’re looking for an enthusiastic volunteer reporting to the charity’s Training Officer. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on experience working in a charity and learning about how we help people to manage their money.
- Responding to general enquiries about workshops
- Preparing, collating and dispatching workshop materials
- Uploading post-workshop evaluation questionnaires
- Updating our client database
- Researching opportunities such as upcoming events and new sectors
Time Commitment - From June 2019, 4 – 6 hours per week (Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays preferred, with scope for flexibility)
Location – 15 Prescott Place, London SW4 6BS
Skills and Qualities Required
- Fluent English speaker
- Reliable, punctual with a professional attitude
- Excellent organisational and IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
- An interest and enthusiasm for the charity sector and The Money Charity’s mission
Training and Support - The volunteer will report to the charity’s Training Officer and will receive an initial induction and on-going relevant training.
- Personal development
- Opportunity to work in, and learn about, the charitable sector
- Opportunity to learn about the UK’s personal finance sector
- The chance to contribute towards the financial wellbeing of disadvantaged groups of people
- Reasonable travel expenses
Applications - Applications must be made by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please email your CV and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) explaining why you want to volunteer with us and what makes you suitable for this role.